A Great Place to Work and Have Fun
Renaissance Knights Chess Foundation provides in-school and after school chess classes that give students a unique opportunity to develop their critical thinking and cognitive abilities in a setting that is, well… just plain fun! RKCF uses chess to help students improve academic achievement by developing their critical thinking and problem solving skill, cognitive abilities and important life skills that will lead to a lifetime of successes in the classroom, in the community, and within their families. Our programs are designed to foster an environment that will help improve students’ self-esteem, self-worth and self-confidence, as well as to develop interpersonal skills such as communication, cooperation, teamwork and leadership.
We are seeking chess teachers who are results-oriented and take a “Beyond Z” approach in delivering rigorous, engaging, and high quality chess lessons.
Our Chess Teacher will…
- Be a part of a highly motivated team committed to educating children and the development of their academic and life skills.
- Collaborate with chess teachers across the network to build a superb chess program.
- Inspire a love for chess and encourage critical thinking through rigorous instruction.
- Coordinate and lead family chess nights and chess tournaments.
- Receive routine, ongoing feedback and support from an outstanding leadership team and faculty.
- Teach in school and community centers.
Our ideal Chess Teacher must have an understanding of the game of chess as well as strong classroom management. Experience working with elementary school aged children, classroom experience and demonstrated track record of propelling students’ understanding and love of chess is a plus.
Demonstrated competencies in the following areas are a must:
- Accountability and Data Driven. Proven record of achievement as evidenced by student work, learning, and data.
- Stamina. Ability to handle the intensity required to thrive in a high-performing schools.
- Management. Ability to manage the behavior in a classroom of 20+ students.
- Self-Reflection. Ability to accept and implement feedback received for real-time improvement.
In addition, the following characteristics are required to be successful on our team:
- Dedication to Mission. A genuine interest in finding ways to improve chess education and support our programs. Ensure that joyful, rigorous instruction is delivered to every student, every day.
- Deadline and Detail Driven. Thinks critically about the details of a task at hand. Meeting project timelines set by leadership in an effort to improve one’s practice.
- Flexibility. Ability to adjust expected tasks and schedule to the updated priorities.
- Collaboration. Working with teammates and responsive to feedback.
- Chess Advocacy. Ability to communicate the academic, emotional, and social benefits of chess to teachers, leaders, and parents.
- Cross-Curricular Mind Set. Ability and desire to teach chess in a way that supports literacy and math.
- Beyond Z Attitude. Willingness to go above and beyond the requirements of the job to be innovative and support the organization.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume outlining your skills and experience. Your cover letter should explain why you would be an excellent Chess Teacher at Renaissance Knights
Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
RKCF is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.